Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 1

Today is DAY 1 of my modified participation in Blobmosis.  An Ozzie (Andrew-minus-the-Lloyd-Webber) here in Abu Dhabi started his own 'program' to help people lose weight by eating better.  I have modified the program a little (as I am vegetarian, the weight loss programs which rely heavily on animal-based proteins can be a real challenge for me), and am feeling good (yes--it HAS only been one day).  I am happy for things like quinoa, quinoa flour (which I turned into this great little bread--my friend Gwyneth Paltrow emailed me the recipe) and tofu, as I think they are my keys to surviving this month.  

The weekend is ending, and it was a nice one.  We had a great day yesterday, just hanging out together.  A neighbour's garage sale yielded lots of treasures for little A (pls see her dressed a Snow White below).  




In the evening we made a quick run to Lulu to pick up some of their Three-Bean Salad (to tide me over till I perfect my own recipe--you are welcome to send me yours if you have a good one).  I also managed to order a new pair of prescription sunglasses and the girls had fun trying on their OWN glasses (so they could be like their brother).

With her new friends Angelina and Alice

 Just when I think Smile-ah's sleep can't POSSIBLY get any worse, she surprises me!  Last night she fell asleep around 2 and was up again at 5.  It was so horrific that Peter actually woke up and went back to sleep until 9.  I was up at 7--woken up at the sound of N's screams...

It's a good thing she's sooooo cute!

This morning we managed to finally hit 20% off day at the organic shop at Masdar City (explaining why there is now quinoa flour and coconut flour in my pantry).  We also spent a couple of hours visiting our friends Zee and Urooj, whose family may be ending their time in Abu Dhabi this summer.

No comments: