Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Brothers

The other day, we were driving home from breakfast.  Tummies bulging, and feeling a bit sleepy, Little A calls out from the back-seat:

"Daddy--what's your brother's name?".

Just out of nowhere.

Peter replies, "You know my brother's name."

She pipes out, "Is it Kim Hong?".

It has been a little over a year, since Kim Hong died.  I don't think that time has eased his passing for his wife Kimberly.  I spoke to her over the phone, just a few weeks back.  She sounded wonderful--but did share with me how the anniversary date of his death was so very difficult for her.

I remember when she told me that she didn't know where Kim ended and she began.  I am not sure that time ever will be able to heal the sense of loss that she feels.  I hope that it will.  I wish I could be more optimistic.

We managed to share some laughs, and talk openly.  It has always been so easy for Kimberly and I.  I am looking forward to spending some time with her this summer.


No comments: