Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Hashtag I'm with Her

hoodie modelling

When we moved here, 8 years ago, little A and I woke up one morning and my heart filled with joy, to see that Obama had won the presidency of the United States.  I didn't realize, until that moment, how certain I was that something would happen to prevent this from taking place.

It is my hope, that tomorrow when we all wake up, we will discover there is a woman president in the White House.

I am not American.  However, as a Canadian, I have grown up with Americana--and I know and love some wonderful American people.  I love the little ditty about Jack and Diane--and in another life, I would have been a cheerleader.  I know all the words to the American national anthem, and I envy the 'patriot love' that defines Americans.

I am feeling anxious about this election.  I feel that Donald Trump is the living embodiment of everything that we teach our children is wrong. Things that are bad, shameful and embarrassing--things we should never do or say.  What is happening to the world, when someone like Donald Trump (who magoo will tell you cannot even say "China" properly), can be president?

Life continues to be busy--kittens have all moved along to new families and Smokey Moon Face will go on December 1 to live with the Nobili family.  I think she will be much loved in their home, and my heart will miss her terribly.

The Parent Team keeps me quite busy--and already I am thinking that I cannot take on this much next year--I need to dial it back.

Peter is back from two weeks in New York, and heading out again on Sunday--the children will be very upset.

Hopefully they will be cheered up because Hillary Clinton the new president of the United States of America.


No comments: