Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Thursday, November 6, 2008

How was the first day?

Well, by some miracle (Obama maybe??) there were THREE taxi-drivers who all wanted to take me to our villa, although one of them had no idea where it was. One driver offered me a trip for 50 AED, while the other wanted to take me for 40...one guess who I chose. I had to direct him by misleading him into thinking we were going to the Al Raha Beach Hotel (it's very close and got us going in the right direction). I was amazed at my ability to arrive at the villa with no problems (considering the language barrier...the taxi cab driver kept saying 'mall-oom' which I think means "I understand"...when he really didn't).
P was already there, as were the men delivering our goods from Edmonton. I picked up where he left off, with A always close by. With the exception of our one leather chair that has a rip in it (OUCH!), everything looks okay.
I started with the kitchen. It was challenging unloading things with A running around. Then she discovered my baby doll, who had been sleeping in A's bassinet, and she discovered her own 'maternal' side. This was good for keeping her busy for a while, until she decided that I should carry her AND the baby doll around the villa.
We got a surprise visit from Abu Dhabi Gardeners, which was quite pleasant, as the usual language issues were not a problem; these gents were from Lahore and spoke Punjabi fluently with me. Unfortunately, these were not the guys P had lined up...so...not sure what we'll end up doing.
The kitchen is almost set-up, and after the washer/dryer finally arrived, we decided to call it a night. A fell asleep immediately on the drive home, and took her medicine in her sleep (she is an amazing little baby).
After I have my Millennium Club Brownie, I'll be joining her.

No comments: