Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just a very nice (busy) day...

This evening we entertained at our house. Seven guests plus the three of us...I wasn't sure if we could pull it off.

We started the morning by putting up some shelving (which woulda/coulda/shoulda been done weeks ago) and decorations (to give the place a 'lived in' look). I feel this is likely to cause the god's of ARG to ensure that we get booted when our lease is up at month's end...but, P didn't seem concerned as he was drilling holes in the walls.

Next, began the food preparation. P had volunteered to cook the turkey left over from our friend's Christmas party (they didn't use it and decided to get the dinner catered instead). So, he spent the day making the turkey, stuffing and gravy. All of the appreciative moans and sighs indicated that the turkey was lovely.

I complemented the meal by preparing all the appetizers, the desserts and the accompaniments to the turkey (mashed potatoes, whipped yams, caesar salad). Although, a LOT of the work (including ALL the clean-up) fell to Malou. Today, she has worked like she's never worked before (at least not for us...she must be having flashbacks to her Singapore days).

Little A actually seemed to enjoy the company and attention for a change. She loved when one of P's work colleagues showed up with a teddy bear for her. This was our first time hosting any locals (two young Emirati men who work for P) and it was such a very enjoyable evening.

I am exhausted (in a good way). It has been too long since we entertained (and my feet say we should not do it again for a while), but I enjoyed it so. Time for sleep...here's hoping that I am not woken by bad dreams tonight (I have my trusted companion Phinn with me to keep them at bay).

No comments: