Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pea Soup Fog

My favourite square to land on in the game of life was "Pea Soup Fog".  I know it was some kind of metaphor for that time (or those times) in one's life, where the future is not exactly clear, causing you to become disoriented, disenfranchised and thus having to miss a turn.  

As I was heading out yesterday to N's speech therapy appointment, I encountered some serious pea soup fog of my own.  Peter called me in the morning to ask if I was still going to take him, and as I had not looked out the window yet, I thought this was a bizarre question.  However, after driving a few minutes, I realized how poor visibility was.  I texted Neethu to tell her we would be late, and she called me and suggested that we just reschedule the session instead.  Which I gratefully accepted (as I still hadn't reached the highway).  

Outside the compound yesterday, 13 degrees

Same spot today--you can see the Eye of Aldar clearly now



Speech therapy went well today, and N seems to enjoy working on his own with Neethu.  She brought him some of her family's traditional Christmas cake, which was sweet (literally and figuratively).  Afterwards, we tried to pick up our parcel at the central post-office, which was a complete waste of time, as we learned that it was actually at the KCA post office.  

We spent some time this afternoon at the HealthPlus at Al Bandar.  I discovered that S has oral thrush (and thus, so do I).  This has been the cause of some extreme nursing pain for me, which I have been writing off as pain due to the love bites she has given me.  Despite the fact that A and N BOTH had oral thrush as well, something only clicked in my head today, reminding me that I have experienced this particular kind of pain before.  After looking inside her mouth, I confirmed it!!

While I was there I also met the dentist, who is Indian, but hails from Las Vegas!!  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed listening to him speak English--almost the same as me ("I'm Candidian" A told him).  Going to make an appointment with him to let him have a look see at this filling that is still troubling me.  

The morning speech therapy visits are taking a toll on A.  She misses having me home, and is demonstrating this by being uncooperative.  I have had a talk with her about it...and of course, I feel guilty not being here...but, right now, N needs this time.  

As I was picking up the treatment for thrush at the pink shops, I saw THIS, which made me laugh.  I am so used to people having big dogs (shepherds, huskies) in the back of their trucks, that I had to look TWICE at this when I saw it.  It's a SHEEP!!  I was happy the driver (a fellow Indian) laughed when he saw me taking a picture.

Baaaaaaaa!

No comments: