Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Saturday, October 4, 2014

ROAR!

Rose--here is the homework assignment we promised you would get completed over the Eid break:






Last year when A took Choral (as an ECP--Extra-curricular programming), she LOVED it.  I have always loved singing myself, and so I was thrilled that she shared this with me.  It was one of the few activities that I didn't have to push her to attend.  She sang at school events, with pride.

She was also exposed to different music, and one of her favourite songs was Katy Perry's "Roar".  I confess, when I was sitting outside the class waiting for her to finish, I had no idea what the song was, and googled the lyrics ('eye of the tiger' made my ears prick up--80's kid).  Thus, after many years of KP being on the scene...she finally had my attention (through the ears of my six year old).

Ms. Karen did not show Katy's video in class ('b/c some of your mummies and daddies wouldn't appreciate it').  I you-tubed it and did not object to the 'you-tarzan-me-Jane' costume, complete with the overflowing cuppage.  Little A and I spend a lot of time talking about real faces and bodies, and photoshop--lots of images of 'with no make-up'...b/c the world she grows up in will be very different from my own.  I appreciated the empowerment theme--though I think little A likes this song b/c she thinks it is about befriending tigers...

Fast forward to the present: her teacher gave her a homework assignment to find a song that makes her feel happy.  She picked KP's "Roar," and last week daddy filmed her singing the song.  THIS week's homework required her to choreograph a dance to her happy song....


SO...please enjoy the above video.

Consider it my Eid gift to the world!

1 comment:

Maria Eliza said...

Anu! I am in bed sick and mum has come to look after me. This video is the most ADORABLE thing I have seen on the internet (and there are a lot of adorable things on the internet). The girls have REALLY cheered me up! Thank you for sharing this with us!!

Mum says: They are so lovely it brings a tear to my eye!

Liz xxxxxx