Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I don't want a lot for Christmas...

...but there is ONE thing that I am hoping for.  I will let you know if I get it.

We haven't had time (yet) to prep for Christmas.  We have been celebrating National Day (41 years!!) or what I have just learned THIS year, is also called the Etihad holiday.  After the third person mentioned 'the etihad holiday' to me, I asked my friend Samar to clarify.  She told me 'etihad' means 'the union'...which is essentially what we celebrate every year on National Day--the union of the seven emirates.  It is just so bizarre that this is the first year I have ever heard it called that.

Our home-made National Day dress

Visiting the GAA campus

Papa's hat (that he never wore)
Future falconer
(check out the new white scarf!)
Peter is off in New York this week.  His trip got moved, and shortened--he left on Monday morning (thus losing one holiday day).  Pickle learned to climb out of crib on Friday.  Though I celebrated his growing strength and curiosity, I mourn the loss of my best sleeper.  On Monday night (or was it morning?), I lost my temper with my three children--all of whom took turns waking up--all night long--all in my bed.

A big thank-you to my neighbour who decided to have a pool party outside (complete with screams and howls) that got the dog barking, who woke up the baby, who woke up all her siblings.  I think I slept two hours total.  I promise to get you back with a 5 a.m. wake up call, with some loud music and screaming children one day REAL SOON!!

Surprisingly, I was not a complete mess on Tuesday morning (or maybe I was??), and even received several compliments on my appearance (no kidding!).  I was going to cancel taking the littles to gymnastics, but I thought I would take one for the team--and boy did they EVER enjoy it!  Pickle's favourite was the large triangular shaped mat that you pushed over and then slid down on your belly.  I couldn't take pics of that though, bc I had to have two hands on (to make sure he didn't push the mat down on top of anybody---namely Magoo).


Jump Sports Academy, Zayed Sports City



Today I attended a MASTER CLASS at my gym.  I will be honest and tell you I didn't attend a junior class--but the information I received was fantastic!!  I will definitely try and kick my butt into gear sooner (rather than later) and this will help.  Raquel--the instructor and head of the gym is an amazing Brazillian lady, with a killer body.  I always wonder what it must be like to have abs that actually act like shapewear...and do a better job of it.  One day, I hope to live to tell the tale... ;-)

I also attended a tour of The Redwood Nursery in Khalifa City A--and I was BLOWN AWAY.  This is the place that I will send Pickle in January, and I will know that it will be money well spent.  From the educational toys, to the rooms, to the buildings, the grounds, and the staff--all I can say is WOW!  If there had been a nursery like this in KCA when Little A was...well...little...I might have had to really consider sending her.  I have never been a big supporter of nursery culture, especially as it exists here, but this place will really expand Pickle's mind and help him to develop, faster and better than what I can do at home.  He and Magoo loved tottering around there this morning.




No comments: