Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Friday, January 4, 2013

Al Muneera

After a lovely morning birthday breakfast for our friend Izzy at the Westin, I came home, and had a LOVELY and AMAZING nap.  Upon waking, we decided that we would take the kids out for a run at Al Bandar, as it is a lovely, clean and enclosed walking space (with shade, coffee and shopping possibilities).  I added the idea of BIKES, and once Magoo hopped on the (8 aed) fire-truck, there was no going back.

We were having a smashing good time, until the security guard (very kindly and sweetly) told us that bikes were NOT allowed at Al Bandar, and that our children, (who were motoring around carefully and having a great time on the tiny inclines they could find), needed to stop.  He was very apologetic, but he had just asked another family to stop their children from doing so, and he didn't want to get in trouble.  So, with screaming kids in tow, we departed and had to come up with a Plan B.



Plan B turned out to be drive two minutes to Al Muneera to walk along their deserted, walking path (with multiple inclines), with a beautiful water-path beside us.  We spent about an hour there, and we all had a fabulous time.  When it was time to go, the children were all ready, and we didn't have to drag anybody out, kicking and screaming.  

We are coming to the end of A's school holidays, and sadly, I will be packing her and Pickle off to school on  Sunday.  We have such nice family times together, and it is so special watching the children play together--I am sad the break is almost over, and will look forward to the next one, and the next one...

Jasmine could not make it. The airline could not accommodate her travel plans, and I had to try and explain 'cancelled' to a seriously bummed little A over and over again.

ME:  Jasmine's not coming, her flight is cancelled.
A:  AWWWWWW.  So, when is Jasmine coming?
(repeat).  

I think she gets it now, but she was very disappointed.

Peter forwarded me an article entitled 

To My 13-Year-Old, An iPhone Contract From Your Mom, With Love


I would like to save this for when my children are older.  I am formerly requesting Baz Luhrmann (via my blog--Baz--if you are reading this tonight) I am asking you to please put the contract in the link above to music (in the spirit of Everybody's Free (to Wear Sunscreen)) and promote it.  It is SUCH common sense, but you know what they say about "Common Sense...."

Plan B

No comments: