Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cover-boy


Here is the face of Redwood Nursery, Abu Dhabi (well--at least it is the picture on the Facebook album cover for Open Day Visitors).

Pickle and Magoo were the first adventurers to scale this climbing wall.

He seems to be settling well, though drop-offs are still heart-wrenching and filled with sadness.  I am told (by teachers and other parents) that he settles down really quick, is engaged, and has shown tremendous growth in the past three weeks.

His vocabulary and 'talking' have definitely increased, so, it is obviously helping him in his language development.

We (A, myself and Pickle) are all unwell.  A has pink-eye (and is now being paid 1 aed per eye to cooperate with drops), and a cough and cold.  Pickle has the cough and cold (and possibly the conjunctivitis, but I am still watching him).  I have the cough and sore-throat--and am nursing myself with hot water and honey.

Was treated to an unexpected visit with Christine today--very nice to catch up with her (though I was very disheveled looking, which I noticed when she was leaving--sorry C!).

Long weekend coming up (though A has been home since yesterday courtesy pink eye).  I love long weekends and down-time with the kids.  Think we might try a Dubai trip with Christine on Friday (we'll see how energetic I am feeling).

2 comments:

hulonce@gmail.com said...

Hope you are all feeling better soon Anu, I bet a shopping trip today will improve your spirits!

Also, the nursery must bo so good for Nikhil- it's a great choice.

Take care

Anu Dhabi said...

Yes, he certainly seems to be settling in now--I am thrilled but still do miss having him around.