Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Monday, February 4, 2013

Dog Days of Abu Dhabi




We have just been busy hanging around and doing the little things that make up one's life.  Pickle is adjusting to nursery (and today was another day without tears...I think it is Day 4 of NO TEARS now).  He is definitely trying to articulate more, and has come home with the expressions of "Oh my goodness!" and "Oh dear!", which are apparently used by his teacher Ms. Lindsey.


Earlier in January, we went to see the return of the GIANTS OF GOLF tournament in Abu Dhabi.  Tiger Woods (having already been pre-paid for his visit here, regardless of his performance) decided to pack things in early and did not play on the weekend.  I envision Tiger lying on a beach in Dubai thinking "THIS is the life!".

  

It does feel a bit strange to have only THESE TWO around the house all morning.  Initially, I wasn't really all too sure what to do.


One day I was THAT lady--the one who WALKS with her child from Al Raha Gardens over to the Spinneys at Al Bandar.  I thought something was a bit unusual when Magoo's head kept bobbing around, and there was no noise...but the grip she had on the milk carton confused me.  I thought for SURE if she was sleeping, she would have relaxed her fingers and dropped it...but NOPE!  As I reached home, I discovered that on the 17 minute walk home, she had fallen asleep...and she didn't even spill a drop of that milk--what a star!


This is hands down Magoo's favourite jacket.  Thankfully, the weather has been unusually cool (and last week it was VERY foggy), and she has had a chance to cozy up in it.  Our friends Norman and Lisa sent this jacket to us when Little A was born, and I loved it so much--such good quality and so cute--I am pleased to have had another little girl to wear it (which is not to say that Pickle didn't....).  

I am Canadian (and Chinese...and Indian....)

During a much needed clean-up of my closet, I managed to find the salwar pajamas that go with this kameez, for little A.  She was so excited, that she wore the outfit two days in a row (here she has jazzed it up with a bhindi, en route to the Shangri-La for brekkie).  Magoo has decided to keep it simple, and honour her Edmontonian roots, with this pink jersey (go Oilers!).

Peter and I are managing to get out a bit more.  On Thursday night we went out for dinner at Nolu's with our new friends Naureen and Naveed (Canadians who may soon be heading back to Toronto).  Then on Saturday we went to De Thali, where we both remarked on a decline in the food (sigh!).  Yesterday morning Little A had a play-date with her friends (which started at Dalma mall and ended up at Al Bandar for ice cream).  This morning I found myself driving out to Saadiyat Island, to visit my friend Amar in her St. Regis apartment.  I can't wait for warmer weather, to go back and try the private beach!

I am putting off a call to the SKMC--I have to so that I am just not prepared to received any bad news at present.  I like things as they are, where Pickle is developing and growing, slowly but surely.  He has become a pro at sleeping in his big-boy-bed and the only problem now is that he literally picks apart the foam mattress in his room (the one I use to lie down beside him while he falls asleep) upon waking.

First day of school




No comments: