Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Enter the snake

Well, the year of the snake is upon us.  Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Pig
Other than having our decorations up, nothing has transpired at our place to celebrate the new year.  We tried to attend the Lion Dance today, only to learn that the Abu Dhabi Week magazine had misprinted the date last week (and I haven't had time to read the correction in this week's edition).  Thankfully, I hadn't gotten out of my truck and left it with valet...so basically, we just took a drive to the Shang and back this morning.
Ox

I did, however, take some time to dress up the kids.
Rabbit

On Friday, when 'the littles' were asleep, A and I painted a pizza box (take-away from our dinner the night before at Frankie's--with Mirah and Harris).  She asked me if I would paint with her "like we used to do when I was little".  BIG SIGH--I did used to have a lot more time just to sit around an paint with her.  We also used the time to make lemon-mint popsicles (of which she could only stomache half today).

destined for the walls of CPK
 

Today, in lieu of the outing to see the lion dance, we went back to what is fast becoming our favourite park in KCA.  I was thrilled to see Pickle attempt to walk across the swing bridge (successfully).  Magoo even managed it, with a little help.  A told me that she was a professional, and indeed, she was quite confident and practically leaping from step to step.  She was even sweet enough to stay close behind Pickle, using her body as a human safety-net for him, in the case he lost his footing (something I realized after repeatedly asking her to give him space).

Living Doll Collection


Peter will be back tonight.  Though I was a bit apprehensive about all three kids with no help (on Friday especially), I must admit that the children were amazing.  I am a lucky mom!






No comments: