Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chinese New Year & Api-CAE Gourmet


We finally made it to see the Lion Dance at the Shangri-La Hotel.  The children all really enjoyed it, and it was great to see them all at an age where the drumming didn't make anyone cry.

The staff were happy to see our little ones, and they even got some great pictures of all of us on their Facebook page.  Here were some pictures from Malou's phone:

One pose for mommy


One pose for daddy
Snuggling with Malou

Dumplings made with Aunty Yang


Pickle was much too busy dancing and eating dates.  The hotel managed to get some nice pics of him though.

Today, Little A's class had a field-trip to APi-CAE Gourmet, where they engaged in age-inappropriate activities (word searches for children who cannot spell) and had a great time making and eating pizza.  I am glad that I was able to join them, and the free valet made it easy to drive in and park (otherwise that area can be a mess).  I was lucky to enjoy a free latte and the most flaky and buttery croissant I have ever had in my life--it was perfect!!  I even brought home some profiteroles for Peter this evening.

Planning stage:  adding basil leave and tomato sauce

Top chef

Hat won't stay on during the kitchen tour



Heart-shaped pizza

Even in my quasi-retired state, activities like this reinforce for me my beliefs and classroom practices, with respect to teaching.  I actually like to be involved with the children, and I always ensured that parents who volunteered did the same.  I always made sure to guide parent involvement, especially as some parents don't know HOW to help.  

The finished product

No comments: