Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Sunday, January 18, 2009

And it's only 2:15...

We had so much fun with our dinner guests last night. This is a family that we hope to spend much more time with! A and little Daniel had fun running around (and let me tell you...Phinn slept like a log!) together. Stress did arise whenever the need for 'sharing' arose...neither of them are really at an age where that concept is too favourable, but all in all, a very enjoyable night.
Our evening made us realize two things:
1. dinner parties will be so much more enjoyable when Rosemarie arrives and can do the clean-up for us.
2. we will be completely happy if baby #2 happens to be another girl (seriously...I think P will be just slightly relieved!!).
Obviously, no offence intended for my friends, and parents of boys (and any little boy I might have in the future...I love you...really, truly I do)...actually, instead of offence I am offering accolades and reverance to you. Little boys seem to have an energy and need for speeed that is unequalled by (most) of their female counterparts.
This morning, my 'not a breakfast person' little A had her light meal of fruit and egg whites (why can't I eat like that?), all the while entertained by the two houseflies we caught and placed her bug observation tent. Then we got ready for our first forray into the world of Al Raha Mums "movers and groovers", hosted by...(wait for it you 'SATC' ladies)...none other than Samantha Jones! Samantha is a brilliant Brit, and mother of two (twins). We got many compliments on our banana bread (thank-you) and A actually was a little more adventurous today. I guess with every outing, she will become a little less shy of others. There was another 'sharing' incident. A decided to bring along her white bear and her Maya Persian cat. She did immediately forget about them, but became quickly aware of them again when her newest little friend found them. Lucky for us, Erin is better at sharing than little A.
We met so many lovely mums (from our neighbourhood too) and are looking forward to next week. After having a big lunch (spaghetti, yogurt, applesauce and bananas) little A is having a siesta, and I'm headed off to spend time with my literary friend, Irshad Manji (LOVE HER!).
Tomorrow: landscaping and Marina mall (coffee morning...will I actually get up the nerve to drive all the way into Abu Dhabi city??...stay tuned).

No comments: