Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Saturday, January 17, 2009

True Friends...

Obviously, friendships are something that are precious to me, and important in my life.
We are having dinner with Fadey, Lisa and their son Daniel tonight, at our place. They are Canadians, like us, and we met them for the first time at the Thanksgiving dinner at the Sheraton. They invited us over to their place for Christmas, and we saw them again at the Canadian Christmas dinner. Originally from Nova Scotia, Fadey is working in banking, and Lisa is teaching. Suprisingly, it was her job that brought their family over here. They seem to be a very nice family, and A enjoys spending time with Daniel, who is 3 years her senior. P has charged up the remote control race car, so that the two of them can 'play' together.
I found this link, to youtube, with a great video on friendship. Please watch it if you have some time. It warms the heart.
Another weekend is almost over. They seem to go so fast. We did manage to pick up my VISA (yeah!) but are still waiting on my ATM card (which we eventually decided to talk to the bank manager about, after waiting again for 45 minutes today for it). Mr. Rajkumar Bhatia (one of my peeps from the homeland) was very attentive...more so when he found out P worked for government and not for Carrefour (which is like Walmart). We should be getting our card couriered to P's office later this week.
In other exciting news, landscapers are scheduled to come on Monday. No sign of Rosemarie...but the agency claims she'll be here next week.
Little A now has a molar (on the right) to go with her front teeth, which puts the total at four, and counting. She has also added the words: haht (heart) and atta (airplane) to her vocabulary. She is becoming a little mischief-maker and directs most of her energy to getting Phinn in trouble. Today Phinn was napping under the bed in the computer room. A took her little "best mum" bear (hey...she picked it...not me) and set it right in front of his muzzle. Then she turned to me and let out the pitiful "Waaah! Phinn has taken my bear/block/monkey/shoe/etc." wail. When I looked over, Phinn just raised his eyebrows, and snuffled out a sigh. I swear I saw him roll his eyes too. What he was NOT doing, was touching her bear...not even slightly interested in it...All I could do was laugh...she thought it was pretty funny too, when she realized the gig was up. Guess it's onto bigger and better things...

No comments: