Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Walking and Rolling...

Just a small-town girl, living in a crazy world...

Welcome to crazy town!!

Baby N is walking all over the place and I really enjoy it when he springs up from a crouching position, stands up, balances, and starts walking...stops to re-balance and then continues walking some more. Today he walked up behind me and gave me a hug (he also pulled out a fistful of my hair and had bitten NB S on the toes...but those are forgiveables). He has also become MUCH more demanding, and this 'walking' gig has unleashed a brand new 'mah-mah' demon (that, btw is what he says when he wants something--he points and says 'mah-mah').

NB S is rolling all over, from back to front and then front to back (all by way of her right side). She is also talking up a storm and disgusting Peter with how she's continuously gnawing on her fingers, and fist, creating a perpetual wash of slime down her chin and onto her shirt.

Speaking of Peter, it seems that though he continues to send me emails on the wonders of plant-based diets (if it's good enough for Wolverine, it's good enough for me), sadly, he is back in the world of the omnivores. Thankfully, for him, he's re-joined the meat-lovers just in time for Friday breakfast buffet!!

I have been busy creating an on-line garage sale to sell some of the things that are cluttering up our home. I've had to find things, take pictures, upload the pictures with descriptions, and then put the link up on various chat forums. Let's see how it goes.

Little A has gone to bed tonight with Phinn's kennel in her room. The last two nights she has asked that I move his kennel into her bedroom, so that he would sleep with her. Maybe it's his haircut...he looks soooo cute!! So, tonight is her lucky night and they are both sleeping in her room as I type (though he has to come downstairs to go pee outside before we all turn in for the evening).

Today has been quite productive. I managed to FINALLY get back my bottle deposits on three water bottles that I've had since villa 525 (yes--I hung onto the original invoice!!). After about ten phone calls over two years (and I think it was the threat to cut off their service to the Al Raha compound with ONE phone call), I am 75 aed richer today. I can't wait to see how pleased Malou will be when she gets back, as I know she didn't think I was getting my money back. Also, I have also managed to get NB S's swing serviced (the motor stopped running yesterday). They claim that it will be ready in 3 days (do I hear an 'inshallah'??).

Here is a video I made of NB S talking. Please note that I am holding her AND the camera is in front of me, so that I am using little A's judgement to determine how good my angle is. I think it worked out pretty well...




No comments: