Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Monday, February 6, 2012

Little A goes to school

I can never really tell what time is my official 'wake up' time.  Smile-ah wakes up so much during the night, that I'm never really sure if I've ever actually gone to sleep.  THIS morning however, was a doozy.  Little A pitter pattered into my room at 3 a.m., after wetting her bed.  So, I had to get up, pull off all the sheets, change her clothes, and then set-up another mattress on the floor for her as a temporary bed.  From her last 'wet the bed' night, I learned that she should absolutely not be 'sleeping' in my bed after an 'accident'--for the simple fact that she does not go back to sleep!!

At 3:10, I was all ready to sleep again (keep in mind that Smile-ah is just in one of her precious temporary sleep phases during all of this), when A comes in again.  "I'm scared!".  As I am shaking my head at her (or more in sadness for me), I just tell her to get in the crib and go to sleep.  I don't know if she slept, but at least she did not keep rolling around on my bed, and so I had at least another hour of sleep (factoring in the amount of time it takes me to fall asleep), before Smile-ah woke up again.  At least THIS time, she had someone to play with her.  Little A kept Smile-ah happy until around 5:30--when I texted Malou, and called her in.  Then I power-slept until 7:45.  

At 10, we attended a school tour, for Little A's school (did I mention that 5000 aed 'reserved' her a place at the American GEMS school, which is a five minute drive from our villa?).  As you can see from the picture, the school is enormous, and doesn't look like any school I have ever seen experienced before.  Check out the 'reception' area--it looks like a hotel!  Despite having some anxiety ("will there be other children there? I'm scared of other children.", "will you walk with me?", "will you hold my hand?", "will you stay with me?", "you aren't going to leave me there, are you?"), little A seemed to really like the school tour, and she enjoyed seeing the classrooms and the library.  I plan on taking her a few more times, so that she gets to feel comfortable in the space.  One less thing to be anxious about when we go for her 'assessment' sometime in March or April.  She will be starting KG-2-5 (which is Kindergarten for 5 year olds--the first mandatory year) in September.

Outside the school

The reception area
Smile-ah has been pretty miserable the last two days. She is congested, and has a runny nose (love that!).  She is not sleeping well, and I think her gums are bothering her too (though I don't see any teeth on the horizon).  Thus, she has not been a happy girl.  I continue to administer saline drops, pain relievers and salinol/ovol drops to her regularly.  I hope she is better soon!


No comments: