Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Friday, May 25, 2012

Dusty Friday in the sandbox

Sandstorms are back--apparently another storm in Iraq/Saudi has come into our atmosphere, and is wreaking havoc with the lungs in this region.  This has been a very strange year, wrt to sandstorms--the worst that I (or my Emirati friends) have ever seen.

We had a great Friday morning at the Shang--my most relaxing ever, as we were joined by Malou.  She helped  with the kids, meaning that I had two hands free to eat with...I wasn't actually sure what to do with myself.  This week, we have switched her day off, in order to attend a birthday "EVENT" hosted by our friend Drica.  It is the annual joint birthday celebration for the men in her life:  her husband Antonio, and her son Ben, who (thanks to modern medicine and the planned c-section) share a birthday.  Drica's parties are unlike any I have attended before, and this one (a "construction theme") promises to have live entertainment and rides on diggers and bulldozers for the kiddies.  Hopefully, there will be no casualties...



Later tonight, we are expecting a visit from our friend Ajay.  Apparently, it was the above picture of Phinn that convinced him to make the trek out to KCA.  He IS pretty cute (even with the mystery alopecia, and the hopefully-finished tick infestation).


Here are my girls...having a fun time.  Not sure where little A learned the 'cup-game'--but I am guessing her dad has played it with her once or twice. 

No comments: