Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What a wonderful world...


This is our latest 'family portrait slideshow'.  This time I got to choose the music.  I have always loved this song, especially this version by the late Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwo'ole.  It reminds me of days gone by, southern California, sunshine, and people that I love.  A little sweet, a little sad...and yet a little hopeful too.

Watching this, one might never know that N and S cried for almost 80% of the hour long session...unless you look closely in one of the pics, where you can see a tear-drop glistening in N's eye.  Also, there is a family photo, where we literally helped N 'turn that frown upside down', by having Peter hold him upside down.  THIS is the difference a professional photographer makes for family photos!!

This morning N and I were out of the house by 7:10, to make it into the city for his appointment at 8.  We arrived on time, but due to the 'registration process' (by the receptionist, who arrived after me), we didn't get to see our doctor until 8:15.  Dr. Zeinab (who I really like) was supposed to run a skills assessment test on N, so we could have an idea of where he was wrt to milestones and development.  Unfortunately, as she needed 45 minutes, she had to reschedule the meeting for me.

Then we had speech therapy at 9:30, which was with Sarah (so a quick 15 minute power-walk through SKMC, from one end to the other) .  These sessions always feel like a waste of time, but as we have had so much disruption with his speech therapy, I have opted to keep them to once a week, to maintain some consistency for N.  They have a long waiting list for clients, and it usually takes 4-6 weeks to get back into the rotation, once you drop out.

We were home around 10:45, and then I had to head out again.  We needed groceries (S is in love with Hipp Organic's vegetable lasagna, and I love anything that she will eat with minimal effort), and we also had a play date scheduled with my friend Shariza's girls.  Sadly, it seems Hipp has discontinued the Veggie-Lentil bake (so if you have a tasty recipe I can puree, please send it to me).

I had a lovely visit with Shariza, but it was NOT a good day for the WW.  Shariza had gone to the trouble of buying Grandma's Cheesecakes (a new little boutique that has opened up in Garden's Plaza), and then got her maid to make chokodokh (the Malaysian equivalent of deep-fried banana) for me as well.

Tonight, I will treat myself to a green salad.  

2 comments:

sandy huynh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sandy huynh said...

N is improving his speech yay