Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Monday, May 21, 2012

How do I love thee...


Let me count the ways....

I love and adore my children (in case it isn't obvious).  

Here are some pictures from today:


Smothered in love
Today, N had the pleasure of his first ever PLAY-DATE (alone, accompanied only by his mother).  I met up with my friend Lise, a fellow Canadian whom I have known ever since arriving in AD, but just have never managed to have the time to befriend.  She has always seemed to be a very nice person, but circumstances (mostly me being pregnant or having just had another baby) have always prevented us from getting to know each other better.  She has recently (well--I guess almost a year now) moved to KCB, and we drove over to her place this morning.

N had a good time, but he seemed out of sorts and pretty quiet.  He spent a lot of time just snacking (!).  He went to sleep as soon as we came home, and woke up at 2 pm, feeling a bit warm.  I'm not sure if he is coming down with something, but he is just not himself (thus explaining the kitten heels below) today.  Hopefully, he will get back to good tomorrow.

I'm a sole-man!
I have a wee bit of a headache, and spent a day recovering from the surprise of discovering that my friend Fadey is off in Alberta, looking for a job.  His wife Lisa, and their kids, are still here.  They have only JUST moved back here (last summer) after LEAVING here the year before that (a lot of moving).  Fadey just isn't having luck finding employment here, and it seems he just can't take it anymore.  I am not sure that a return to Canada is the right move for them at this time...but, I wish them happiness (and prosperity) anywhere they go in the world.

My husband has informed me that I am more than a little dense (me putting it politely) when it comes to matters of finance.

Little does he know, that's one of my 'secrets to happiness'...;-)

No comments: