Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Oh...Sorry...

I am learning, through my daughter, that I am much too apologetic.

For about a week now, she has been apologizing for things...like if she's in your way and you have to say 'excuse me' to her, little A will say 'Oh..sawwy' and move. She's been saying it quite a bit lately...and I've been wondering where this apologetic turn has come from.

Then, the other day when I was in line at the check-out, I moved my cart over so the lady behind me could move forward. Without thinking (and really...without cause) I said 'Oh, sorry' as I slid my cart closer to me. Little A immediately repeated what I said (though it sounded much cuter) and EUREKA! the light bulb went off. It seems that I throw out apologies for no reason, other than to be over-polite and (possibly) just to have something to say.

Have I always been like this? Or is this a result of me being over-tired and not witty enough to come up with other conversational anecdotes? Regardless, I am now very conscious of my use of this phrase, and try to use it ONLY 'as necessary'.

P should be arriving at the AD airport in the next ten minutes or so. It seems that flights are one of the few things in AD that actually stick to any kind of universal concept of timeliness. He has been in Chicago 'on business' since Wednesday. I've had a surprisingly easy time with Little A, with the exception of her waking up for an hour in the middle of the night last night. Other than that, she has been wonderful and very content.

I wonder what age these little ones start noticing when their daddies disappear for extended periods of time?

No comments: