Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

oh SOY good...


Taste-test

It is very difficult to take pictures, much less take live video footage of little A. I took this video of her drinking a glass of vanilla soy milk, by placing my phone beside my own drinking cup, and then pretending to read the newspaper.

At one point, I cracked up, as she made me laugh--the way she kept looking at her glass after each tiny sip.

We have an oversupply of soy milk at the present, and I can use all the help I can get to drink it. Thanks to the internet, I thought that NB's spit-ups may have been a reaction to the dairy in my own diet, and so I made a switch to soy milk. Only problem with that:

I don't like soy milk.

After talking with Stiles, who assured me that NB has no such issue (he tells me that she would be an extremely irritable and unpleasant baby with bad skin if this was the problem), I have happily re-stocked the fridge with COW'S milk for me--which I have always loved.

Yesterday, Baby N had an appointment with Dr. Khaled, the neurologist. Dr. Khaled was very pleased with his growth and development to this point. He told us to hold off on any further testing (we were thinking of having some done while we were back in Canada). He felt that PW was looking less and less likely (cue celebratory music), and that a muscle biopsy at this point was premature and possibly unnecessary. He said to give Baby N another six months, as he is still within the 'normal' milestone range for walking.

We celebrated this great news with our friends Shariza and Arul. We ordered food from BuTaFish and I made two desserts from recipes given to me by friends old and new (Kristy's apple blossoms and Helen's brownies).

No comments: