Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had to actually pick up the phone and call my Canadian friend Lisa (who is still in recovery after her family has arrived here), to say 'Happy Thanksgiving'.

We will be hosting a SMALL (miniscule) Thanksgiving celebration at the end of this month.  With Peter's travel schedule, and some of our good friends being away, it just worked out better.  I think the point is to be thankful--regardless of the date--and share some good food with some good people.  We will accomplish that later this month.

I had a wonderful day today.  Despite the poor sleep and getting up at 3 a.m. to move little A's leaf back into its proper position.  We went for a walk together (Malou even joined us--just to walk, not to 'assist' though she sure tried hard to help out).  I pointed out the plant that I have every intention of digging out of the common area (I believe it has self-seeded, and will grow into a beautiful tree with soft, round velvety leaves).  Then we helped Little A find some frangapani flowers that hadn't browned yet (something she loves to do).  Smile-ah sang, and T N enjoyed the ride.  I love when he does his 'all-done' hands when we get home.

During breakfast I got a text from my friend Yang who needed to borrow my computer to check her email.  I told her to come by as soon as she could, and she biked over about half an hour later (for 9:15).  I was so very touched when she pulled out a bag of gifts for little A.  They were things that her daughter Fidelia had used and loved as a little girl, and boy, they were instantly loved over here (little A has taken the two books to bed with her).  A Hunchback of Notre Dame book (the Disney version), Swan Lake (which my little ballerina adores--she can constantly be heard singing 'For Always and Forever' from the 1995 movie version, and also hums and dances around to the Tchaikovsky score), a box of rose petals, some interactive computer cds (which she hasn't seen in action yet, but I know she will love those too), and some old notepads.  Yang kept mentioning that they were 'old', but to little A, age did not matter.  She loved them, and even found a little purse to carry around the Swan Lake book in.  I have told Little A that when Fidelia gets older and has children, we will find her and send her back her books (we will see how long it takes her to outgrow them).  She has agreed on the Hunchback book--but not the Swan Lake book.

My friend Shariza came over around 10:15, with Arysha.  I had spent some time 'coaching' Little A on the art of playing WITH her friend Arysha.  It took a while (and of course, when Arysha came I had to tear little A away from her new treasures), but I was so very thrilled with the results.  Both girls played around with puzzles, Lego, the "Safari in a bag", and even with T N.  They laughed and engaged with each other the entire time.  There was also a lunch/snack break (I have never seen Little A complete any meal so quickly while the TV was off), followed by more play.  I was sure a proud mama!!

Yang, Shariza and I had a lovely 'shared' visit.  I was happy that two ladies that I enjoy so much individually got along so very well.  Shariza is looking amazing--she has been working hard to lose some weight.  I know how difficult that can be, and so I am always so very proud of anyone who manages to shed some pounds (says the lady who has two babies worth of baby weight to lose).

Then it was time for naps, and all of our friends left.  We had to have early nap-time, because today was Dance Club at 3:30.  Like last week, little A awoke with no tears (though I did have to cater to a request to carry her down the stairs).  T N was still sleeping, and so 'the girls' head off to Gardens Plaza.  Smile-ah and I hit the treadmill together (our new thing) and I managed to get in 30 minutes of walking. I was thinking how much more enjoyable the experience had been last week, when my friend Farzana joined me (the time always seems to fly when you are with friends, doesn't it?), when I heard a familiar voice behind me...it was Farzana, popping in to give me a farewell hug, as she is jetting off to London tomorrow to celebrate her daughter's 18th birthday.

Am I a lucky girl or what??  Yang, Shariza and Farzana are some of my favourite friends, and I got to see ALL OF THEM, in ONE DAY.

I am winding down for the night.  Peter is out again, and it's just me and the sleeping little ones.  Tomorrow will be a quiet day, as T N's Boogie Bears is cancelled.  I guess we'll have to think of something exciting to do (possibly a good morning to catch them up on their vaccinations...).

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to all of my family and friends back home.  I am grateful for all the wonderful people (and animals) I have to love in my life.  

No comments: