Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Slimer

In honour of the movie Ghostbusters (and the apparent revival of the franchise), we have a second nickname for Smile-ah.  We call her "Slimer". Watch the following clip, and see if you can guess why...





I am recovering, the skin on my hands has almost all healed (no more velcro-hands), and I have a residual cough left over that seems to be most active at night.  I feel loads better than I did earlier this week, which is great because I have to be ready for THE BREAKFAST BUFFET tomorrow (do you know what the highlight of my week is?).

Little A got up from her nap ALL BY HERSELF today, and brought down her ballet costume for me to help her put on.  I was so very impressed!!  She does really enjoy the ballet with Ms. Abby on Thursdays (I guess she is a 'private lesson' kind of gal).

Today, Smile-ah and I walked the treadmill in the gym, while Little A danced.  We were joined by my friend Farzana, back for a bit from Scotland.  We had a nice talk while we walked--I didn't even bother checking the screen for the summary of my calorie burn, and after 22 minutes, the number was so miniscule and small--it would have depressed me and discouraged me from repeating this healthy activity.  I would like to be able to repeat this activity next week, and hope that I don't find a sign saying 'no babies allowed on the machines', next week.

T N made me laugh today.  He is getting so quick and strong.  While Little A was in the washroom getting ready for ballet (and I with her--she needed help wiping), he managed to get himself up on the coffee table and was just STANDING there, waiting for a reaction from me, when I checked on him.  You could actually SEE the delight in his eyes, when he saw my (much reigned in) excitement.

Peter is out for dinner tonight.  He will also be working Saturday this week.  We are toying with the idea of a Thanksgiving dinner at our place (next Saturday).  Right now it's still in the 'what do you think about...' phase.  

1 comment:

Donna said...

I am so glad that you are all recovering! It is cold and flu season here too! Seems everyone you talk to is feeling something bad. I am hoping to email you this weekend! :)