Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Piggy tails



Smile-ah in pig-tails--just so sweet.

We had a lovely day today.  T N showed some signs that he is really enjoying Boogie Bears.  He bounced on my lap during Donkey Joe, clapped on his own during the Boogie Bears theme song, and blew kisses for the Goodbye Song.  Loved to see him so engaged in our activity.

Made a Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe today.  Will try it tomorrow, but preliminary testing indicates more ginger should have been added (I already doubled the suggested amount).  I am trying to emulate a soup that I tasted in Canmore over the summmer.  Also, my friend Yang mentioned that ginger is very useful in helping your body rid itself of colds...so in addition to using it in my soup, I have also brewed a ginger tea (shared by myself and Malou, who unfortunately seems to have been infected by my cold!).

We experienced the computerized cars at Masdar City today.  I really enjoyed shuttling from our parking spot to the main building in the driver-less vehicle.  Very cooooool!  Getting our groceries, Sumo sushi take-away and three children BACK to the car was a bit painful--but we managed, and now have stockpiles our favourite organic foods (Abu Dhabi's ONLY itsy-bitsy Organic Planet shop is located in Masdar City).  Little A has her chocolate chip bunnies again and I also managed to find some stage 1 cereal for Smile-ah.

Illness aside, a great day.  

No comments: