Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sick DayS

Some virus has been working its way around our home.  Last week I had taken a 'sick day' and Malou had looked after the children for me.  I thought I had beat this thing.  Then, it started again this week, with Little A running a slight fever on Monday.  Smile-ah also had nasal congestion and was generally miserable, so we went on a little trip to SEHA, where I learned the LONG and time-wasting way that they have a special 'Pediatrics' clinic--it's at the back, and there are no signs to mark its existence.  Then T N started up with a fever too, however I believe his issues are more related to teething.  He, as usual, wins the prize for best sick person.  He is just sleepy and tired--and still sweet as ever.

Once we managed to get all the children back to healthy, the bug took both Peter and I down (Peter, of course, went down harder).

I am hoping tomorrow sees us all healthier.  Nursing a congested baby is very difficult.  It is also hard to recover from an illness if you are being woken up every 1-2 hours in the night-time to nurse a congested baby.  I am hoping my body is passing her some immunity via the milk (all the research says it should be).

Here is a little video of the girls taken this week.  Smile-ah bounced her first bounces in the jolly jumper.  This jolly jumper has been used by all three of my kids--but Smile-ah is the only one who thoroughly appears to enjoy it (even when she's sick!).


No comments: