Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Monday, October 3, 2011

Rare Footage


So--as the illness continues (thankfully--only mine), I am only offering "essential services" at our place.  Food is provided, attention and love are given and chauffering (speech therapy and dance/music classes) continues.  I am hoping to be much better tomorrow (after a good night's sleep), provided that Smile-ah's congestion eases up (it seems to flare up mysteriously).

Here is what I consider 'rare footage' as the principle performer is Little A (getting her to pose for the camera is very difficult).  What I love about this video is how all three of my littles are engaged and interacting with each other.  Little A has moved Smile-ah (all by herself) away from the mobile so that she is in a better position to watch her big sister dance.  T N loves the dancing, and the music from the music box, but he also loves little Smile-ah too.

I just want to share my annoyance with the Abu Dhabi 2011 Census, which forced me to list myself as "Unwilling to Work".  They do not have a category for SAHMs (stay-at-home-moms...gotta LOVE those abbreviations).  Whoever is designing these census forms needs to take a minute, remember where we live, and figure out a category that is more appropriate for the majority of the ex-pat housewife population living here. 

No comments: