Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One day down...

Peter is off to the U S of A again this week.  We have had a busy day, with N's speech therapy in the morning, followed by a trip with my son to "Chinatown, Abu Dhabi" (one shop stop), and then discovering 7-lands--which is now maybe my favourite little gift shop here.  We got home around lunch, and after putting 'the kids' (as little A likes to call N & S) to sleep, I worked with Little A to make a fairy craft.  It took us over an hour, and she is Little A's namesake (they are now heading off to dreamland together).



Once S woke up, the girls went out.  I thought it would be interesting to test A's bicycle skills--and amazingly, they have improved.  Instead of listening to screams of frustration, I got to listen to loud peels of laughter and screams of excitement and joy, as she pedaled around.  It was wonderful to see.  Also amazing to note how much she has grown, as we obviously need to raise the seat on her bike already.

When we got home, N had just woken up, and so we played a little bit together, and then it was time for supper, baths and bed-time.  N is delighting in being back in the bath tub, with ears full of cotton and a swim cap on for good measure.

I have some items on a 'To-Do' list, while Peter is away.  I want to try and sell off some of the baby items that are now just becoming shelves and 'holders' for other objects.  I want to try and get the hole in our dining room ceiling fixed.  I want to organize N's drawers, and find someone to take our old baby clothes.

Let's see what I manage to get done.

Now--everyone is in bed...and I'm here wondering, do I:
1.  have a cup of tea and read a book:  Enjoying another great by Jeffrey Deaver.
2.  have a cup of tea and watch a show:  I am seriously behind in Supernatural, and apparently Peter left me "American Horror Story" as well.
3.  go to sleep...I will be doing the night shifts and early morning and day shifts until next week.

I'll keep you posted...

On a completely different note, a FOLLOW-UP so to speak on my Dr problem--I received a call today from Abdhullah, who works at the Voice of the Patient at SKMC (where I wrote my complaint).  He told me they had followed up, and that the Dr had responded to my complaint.  He offered to read me his response, but I was in a parking lot getting ready to come home after our Chinatown adventure.  Bottom line, the Dr said that we had a 'miscommunication'.  To which I responded:  "I wouldn't say we had a MIScommunication, so much as a lack of communication, in that the Dr was absolutely unwilling to listen to anything I had to say.".  Abdhullah told me that the Dr's director had also been made aware of the complaint, and a copy had gone into his file.  Big surprise, the dr is now willing to have us do another ABR test, and have another ENT in the hospital do N's follow up.  I told Abdhullah that I would come in and see him the next time I am at SKMC, as I want to read what exactly what the Dr had written.

No comments: