Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sooo...what happened yesterday??

I'm sure I can't remember.  It's a bit of a blur.

We skipped speech therapy, and ended up taking the really LONG way back home from New Al Noor Hospital (where we went to get Malou's CT-scan results:  her heart is 'unremarkable').  We were going to just stop, get some petrol, turn around and go to Carrefour--but there was an accident that had shut down the traffic circle...so instead, we took the scenic route and went to Lulu instead.

N's new ride on toy

Something wonderful happened on Thursday night (no--S did NOT sleep all night long).  Last night, before he went to bed, N got 'bit' by Phinn (who was being very possessive of his bone).  He didn't ACTUALLY get bit (no teeth on skin, no bite marks, no indented or red skin on N's hands), but Phinn growled at him.  N interpreted this as a bite.  What was WONDERFUL about this, was how N TOLD me what happened (as I was either bathing A or putting S to sleep).  When I came downstairs, N held up his hand and said "woof-woof" (to mean Phinn).  Then, still holding up his hand, he patted his head (for 'got a bonk', which is what I say when he gets a bonk on his head).  He kept repeating this, and I was so thrilled with his desire to communicate the event to me.

In the afternoon, little A was very upset to find that not only was Jessica STILL in her dance class, but TWO new girls had joined up.  There was that 'face'--the one with the big eyes, and no smile...but she didn't cry, and half an hour later we said goodbye to her new friends, Sophie and Jessica.  Today she decided she would ask them to come to the zoo with us on Tuesday.

Today, I was a glutton for punishment.  I am not sure why I agreed to go to Khalifa Park with my dear friend Yang (probably b/c she's my dear friend Yang) in the morning.  I have never been to Khalifa Park, but everyone talks about it.  Having gone now, I can say that IMHO, it's not worth the drive.  The walk from the parking lot to the actual playground equipment (most of which is rusting) is about 1 km, and there is no sun cover anywhere.  When we first arrived, N behaved in a manner most bizarre for him:  he cried for me.  It was so bad that I popped S out of the baby carrier and popped him in.  Eventually he calmed down and I managed to get a hat on him, and he became his usual self again.  Yang sat with S the entire time, and they were both quite contented.  Even A pushed herself outside of her comfort zone a little, and attempted some new pieces of playground equipment.

We got home late, and had to try and squeeze in naps before Omar's 2nd birthday party, at the Play N Learn in Al Raha Mall (which is still PAINFUL to get to).  N had a blast, wandering around and meeting people.  Malou and I took turns with S, and little A took a while to find her groove.  She did however manage to get a butterfly painted on her face, play a little in the 'grocery store' and participate in the "Simon Says" game.  These are all pretty major accomplishments for her.



I am completely bagged.  But it was a great day.  Sorry that you had to miss it Peter.

No comments: