Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hello Kitty

No...Pussywillow is not back.  

Here is something I saw on the side of the road, while driving N to his eye test this morning.  It made me smile, and so I pulled out my iPhone and captured the memory for everyone to enjoy.  Please don't misunderstand--my point is not to make fun in any way--but just to have a smile at two things that so OBVIOUSLY don't belong together.  




Hello Kitty and...
Sardarji....???

 Only in Abu Dhabi.  

N has been diagnosed with accommodative esoptropia (don't worry--his eyes look nothing like the picture in the link, and in fact, we have only seen it wander like that once or twice, when he is tired).  He will need to wear glasses to help his eye muscles to relax, so that his eyes do not cross.  Hopefully, he will outgrow this condition.  Until then, he will look just as sweet in his glasses (if not sweeter).

I am thrilled to have found a place in Abu Dhabi that sells Miraflex frames.  According to my research, these are perfect glasses for little ones, as they are light, comfortable, and virtually impossible to break (as I expect they will get flipped off of N's head more than once during the 'adjustment' phase).

S is teething like a crazy baby.  Her gums seem to be itching, and sleep (what little she chooses to have) seems to be her only reprieve.  Do they make Gold Bond for baby's gums?

A has been absolutely lovely the past two days.  However, she told me that she would not dance with N, because he would not be handsome in his glasses.  She is going to need to adjust that attitude.  There are only two options in our family:  love each other, or love each other A LOT!

Our family photo shoot was a trying experience.  Neither Smile-ah or N were particularly cooperative.  However, A was in her element, and was thrilled to model so many of her dresses.  She did much better than our first photo session, where we spent the first hour just trying to get her to smile.  Hopefully, we will get some good shots regardless.  Watch this space.  

2 comments:

JLieu said...

Hi Anu! I've been actively reading your blog since I got the link in your New Year email. I find it very fun. Anyways, what I wanted to comment on is that tidbit you mentioned about how Amara won't dance with Nikhail because he will not look handsome in his glasses. Tell her this for me: It doesn't matter if he wears glasses, he's still your little brother! He'll look especially more handsome in them because glasses are the definition of handsome and class. In fact, my own little brother wears glasses and he looks much better with them. Glasses are the way to go! They help you see and they help you look better! What more do you need. And to tell you the truth, Amara, I wear glasses too. I know I look so smart with them on and I feel smart too because I am smart. And I know you are too. If I wore glasses in Paris this summer with you and I asked you to dance with me, will you? I hope so because I would love to dance with you. You wouldn't say no to me just because I don't look as pretty without them on, right? So, just dance with your brother anyways. It doesn't matter if he has the biggest glasses on his face, he'll still want to dance with you.

Anu Dhabi said...

I mentioned to A that her little brother would have a lot of people wanting to dance with him, bc he would be infinitely MORE handsome with glasses, and that he would probably wouldn't be able to accommodate her dance request anyways--and it would be okay, bc his baby sister would dance with him. I think the jealousy motivated her to change her mind, as she has now decided that she WILL dance with him, bc he WILL be handsome with glasses. I know it wasn't really the MATURE way to handle things...but it seems to have worked ;-)