Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Friday, August 17, 2012

Roti-queen

For the first time EVER, all of the roti I made tonight PUFFED up (just like my moms!!).

I cannot describe how rewarding it was for that to finally have happened.  I enjoyed it so much, that I made a movie!


What a day we've had.  Before breakfast, we stopped in at a neighbour's garage sale (a real surprise, considering the weather).  Then we had a tasty breakfast, and were home in time for Magoo's nap.  Ni-Ni and A played in the water, and then our 'outdoor kitten' (who I believe may be preggers) stopped in for a snack.  Ni-Ni was very excited and his over-enthusiasm scared the cat off--temporarily.  However, she's back and seems to be hanging out here, to the delight of all the children.

Now, a dilemma arises.  We are moving in two weeks...what should we do with the cat?  I love this 'outdoor' cat thing--it's great for the children AND my allergies.  BUT...not exactly sure how to move it...and what if she has kittens BEFORE we go??

If we can, I will try and just drive her over to the new villa, and leave out some food for her (as we are doing now).  Then, when the babies come, we will look into getting them 'fixed' and well...then I guess we will just keep on feeding them (knowing they won't be able to make anymore babies).

BIG problem will be how to take them along when we make an INTERNATIONAL move...

Papa (loves) Roti

No comments: