Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Surgery Today: Day One of Two

So, today is the day our little N will be heading back to SKMC for some surgery (minor).  He will also be having a repeat ABR test (since he'll be under anyway), and hopefully this one will give more clear results.

Fairies

He is likely to be feeling tired and hungry (though right now he is relaxing on the sofa watching some Postman Pat).  Last night we kept him up until 10:30, in order to give him some more to eat, and in hopes that he would sleep later than his usual 5:30/6 a.m. body-clock time.  Well, we did get more food in him (a banana, some applesauce and a breakfast biscuit), but he slept until his usual time (and perhaps his wake-up was aided by the screaming siren coming out of Smile-ah), so we ended up shorting him the sleep department.

le tour eiffel

I am feeling anxious--as memories of losing a beloved friend under minor anesthesia will likely haunt me forever.  I am trusting, however, that the universe will bring only good things for my sweet little boy, to help him heal.  He already spends way too much time in hospitals.





Cereal box laptop


We arrived home from Paris on July 28.  The six hour flight seemed very VERY long, though the children were all fairly well behaved (though Smile-ah wins the award for  "the loudest and most adventurous" of my offspring).  I was very tired when we got home and happy to pass the three of them off to Malou while I showered (in my very palatial size shower stall).

The children grew so  much there--A's art skills blossomed and she created so many new pieces, trying to stock her own Louvre; N started to babble a lot more and I will always remember his fondness for shoes, and he played for hours in our little shoe area, opening and closing velcro straps and trying on my sandals; S learned to walk up and down the stairs and how to chase after pigeons in the park (much to the dismay of the French).  All in all, it was a great vacation, with so many good times.  Thanks to Jasmine, Caroline and Louise, we even managed to get in some quality 'family time'--and I loved watching the children spend time with their cousins.

Please enjoy some of the artwork peppered throughout this blog, created at 37 rue st andre des arts, by my five year old daughter.


**************************************************************

Just to keep you updated--this surgery never happened.  After arriving on-time (with my hungry little man) we waited and waited and waited.  Six hours later, the surgeon came to me and said:  "It might be two more hours..." and I said, "I think we will have to cancel it."  Then I fed my starving and exhausted little man and we went home.  I must say I was pretty disappointed, even though the fresh-squeezed orange juice was amazing (and crazy tired).  However...please note (depending on the order in which you read my blog), the surgery happens TOMORROW.

No comments: