Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Monday, August 27, 2012

A new chapter begins

Today was little A's first official day of school.  She is now a 'student', and will be for the next 13 (or more) years.


It was tough to get everything organized and ready on time (start time is 7:45 AM--stupidly early).  We managed to get her fed, dressed and out the door by 7:30, and were there in a timely manner.  I kicked myself realizing that I left her water bottle (labelled and ready to go) on the dining table.  Possibly bc I was rushed out the door by someone who doesn't know how 'the first day of school' usually goes (when I left, at 8, the teacher was still waiting for 8 students to show)...

She settled in very easily.  We looked at all the different 'stations' that were set up, and she picked sponge-painting.  As you can see, she enjoyed herself.  After a fruitless hunt for a water-bottle on campus, and seeing our darling settled so nicely, we gave our kisses and head off (I returned to drop off a water-bottle a few minutes later, but left it with Ms. Agnes--the TA).

Then, I went home.  All was the same...except, everything had changed.  N and S were romping in the garden with Malou. I had breakfast, and then put S for a nap.  I got very emotional after I had set her down for a sleep, bc our normal routine would involve me heading downstairs to find A lazily eating her breakfast, watching a show, or playing around in her undies.  She was not there...

I clock-watched all day long.  At 2:30, I head out to pick her up (dismissal is at 2:55--LONG day!!).  I felt a tug in my heart when I heard her call out to me--she was settled on the carpet with her orange bag and lunch-kit, all ready to go.

We went home, and I made her eat all the things she didn't eat during the day:  the two cookies (that was in the car), the cucumber sandwich, and the yogurt tube.  Then we head out to the uniform shop (sigh!  again...and I will have to go back at least once more), where we ran into her teacher (Little A saw her from a distance and then we caught up to say hello).

Trouble came at bed-time.  There were tears and screams of "school is not for me!", "can you please cancel school tomorrow?".  Repeatedly.  After a few minutes of trying to soothe, snuggling and rubbing her back, I finally said we would 'discuss' it in the morning, and she needed to have some rest.

I am hoping that it was just the 'tired' talking.  It was painful to hear.

I have ended the day by sending out an SOS email to some of my much OLDER and WISER friends ;-).  Tonight was very difficult for me (well--the whole day has been tough), and I just need some support.  Hopefully...tomorrow will be easier.

We are moving on Saturday.  This is a crazy week to start school (Gems American Academy...what were you THINKING??  And WHY are your days so eff-ing LOOONG???).


No comments: