Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Friday, November 18, 2011

CATS

...actually, just ONE cat.

Along with finishing our National Day Wreath, Thursday November 17 is also the day that T N and Smile-ah met and interacted with a cat for the very first time.

Allow me to back-track to Boogie Bears on Wednesday, when we had to drive in Peter's car Abu Dhabi Style (minus car-seats).  T N loved using his hyper-flexibility to escape from Little A's booster car-seat (a free gift from the government of AD to encourage people to use car-seats for their children, as it is not law here yet).  I wonder if Houdini was hypotonic??  He was all over the car, back seat, front seat, floor--and loving the freedom.  It is a two minute drive, with very little traffic, but I was quite cautious and nervous nonetheless.

When we entered our gate, I had to slow down to allow a tiger cat to cross in front of my car.  The little cat certainly was not frightened of my car and took his sweet time in getting from one side to the next.  I gave a quick little honk of my horn, waited and was relieved to only feel my tires go over the usual Raha speed bumps, and not a soft and fluffy little cat.  When I looked in my rear view mirror, I saw the cat sitting calmly, just on the side of the road (he hadn't skittered away at the sound of my horn).  Cocky little guy.

Fast-forward to yesterday, when Little A insisted that I follow through on my promise to take all three of them to the park after morning naps.  It was HOT (maybe 30 degrees), but I figured as long as we were under a sun-shade (which we were) a little heat wouldn't hurt anyone.  So, off we went, with T N screaming as I buckled him into the stroller (THAT'S what a little taste of freedom does).

It was fun to see T N and Little A enjoying the play area.  They teeter-tottered together and Little A freaked out when I sat down opposite her and boosted her high up in the air.  T N enjoyed climbing up and into the little play house, and coming down on the slide.

However, everyone's enjoyment increased infinitely when this little fellow, coincidentally the SAME cat I did NOT run over the day before, decided to join us:


Things I will not forget:
-Little A singing the Siamese cat song from "Lady and the Tramp"
-T N thinking the cat was a dog, sticking out his tongue and panting
-Smile-ah grabbing hold of the cat's tail, which was soft as a pussy willow
-Little A leaving the park making plans for all the cats she would convince her father to let us have in the future (even though I am allergic, and she sometimes claims she is allergic too!)

Our Feline Friend
Today we have just come home from a spontaneous trip to Dubai (after breakfast we came back, got some food and extra diapers and head out again--hoping to keep T N and Smile-ah sleeping in the back--one out two is not bad I guess).  It was a good trip--we managed to snag a few deals and I even got a new case for my iPhone!

No comments: