Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's a Boogie Bear Day Today...


Wednesday mornings are special for the 'mother-son' time that I have with T N.  We head off to his Boogie Bears class, which he really enjoys.  He is so very different from his sister.  Whereas she would sit glued to my lap, he needs to be held back.  I used to have to get up with Little A to get musical instruments and toys and any other props the teacher might be using, but not with T N.  He not only gets his own things, but he is happy to pass them out to others as well.  I cherish their differences, and love them both for who they are.  It will be interesting to see who Smile-ah is more similar to.  

This morning is the first time that I managed to take some video of him. He really enjoys the "Donkey Joe" song (especially when he gets to rock deeply side-to-side, when we go REALLY slow), and also likes to spin around and around, until he gets dizzy and falls down (which doesn't take very long).  I have to watch his 'spinning' at Boogie Bears, as there are so many little ones he could take down with him when he goes.  


Here is another little video of Smile-ah crawling around.  We have been going through over a week of 'teething' issues.  Smile-ah is always putting her fist to her mouth and yowling, which I am interpreting as discomfort from pressure in her gums.  Today she didn't have a good sleep at either nap, which contributed to her grouchiness.

Though she is practicing her crawling in this video, I saw her making an effort to pull herself up to standing today.  She had crawled over to the diaper change table in my bedroom (when she was supposed to be napping) and was using the shelves to pull herself up.  She only managed to get a little lift off her bottom, but I was surprised that she was already attempting this next step.  SLOW DOWN LITTLE FILLY!!

T N's second birthday party plans are underway.  If I stay focused, I should have our email invitation done and sent off before my bed-time tonight.  "Themed" parties seem to be very fashionable here in Abu Dhabi (we are going to a pirate party on Friday and we are missing a princess party).  In an attempt to 'keep up with the expats', I am going to have an 'Around the World' theme, and ask everyone to dress in something that represents where they came from.  It should be a really multicultural event!!

No comments: