Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Little Roti-Maker

Here is my little helper making rotis with me.  We made some bhindi (okra) and peeli dahl (yellow dahl).  Look at all the effort going into that SMILE!!

Smaller pieces for smaller hands
Rolling out the dough
First one finished
Patterns make them taste better


Cooking them on the tawa
All buttered up and ready for pappa





Hope you're hungry Dad!
Peter was a star Dad, and he ate all the rotis that Little A made.  Apparently I did a good job making the Indian food, as 11 of the 12 rotis I made disappeared.  Ajay, who is not generally a fan of bhindi, made his way into the kitchen for seconds.

When I was little, I HATED bhindi.  Whenever my mom made them (and made me eat them) I felt like vomiting.  To me, they were comparable to eating octopus tentacles, slimy with the suction cups.  Blech!  Funny how things change as you grow older.  

No comments: