Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Our National Day Wreath

It took a few days, and we tried to do most of the work when T N was asleep (for obvious reasons), but today it is done.  I think it turned out 'real purty' and I enjoyed spending the time with Little A putting it together (though I am not liking the blister that appeared on my finger afterwards!).

I bought a 1/2 metre of each colour:  red, green, white and black, in the cheapest cotton I could find at Lulu (12 aed a metre).  Then I cut them into strips that were 1.5 inches wide and about 7 inches long (haha!!  imperial vs metric-I was obviously caught in between the 'change' in curriculum at school).  Little A passed me the strips (counting them into groups of 4) and I knotted and tied them around the circle-shaped hanger.  

Getting started

Day 2

Day 3:  Finished in the "nik" of time

Ta DAH!!

No comments: