Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dreams, Decay, Decorating and Dance



Yesterday we had our highly anticipated appointment at the Advanced American Dental Clinic (as opposed to just the REGULAR American Dental Clinic).  I booked this appointment over two months ago--that's how long it takes to schedule a cleaning and three check-ups all on the same date, and at the same time.  I am sad to report that between little A and I, we have four cavities (I have one and she has THREE!!).  Who feels like a bad mommy (one guess)?  So, we wait one more month, and little A and I will head back to get our mouths cleaned up.      

T N was a celebrity at the dentist.  Not only did he have great teeth (with iron stains, and the dentist said he is too small to worry about cleaning them now), but he was charming all of their female staff with his extra long lashes, and his generally sweet and friendly demeanour.  As you can see, he and little A had a good time (despite the cavities).

Little A woke up on Monday morning and told me that she had dreamt about Smile-ah.  In Little A's dream, Smile-ah was taking ballet class with little A (and she was older).  Their teacher was Ms. Jesse.  This made little A miss her old teacher Ms. Jesse, and we talked about going to visit her.  This is the first time little A has actually shared one of her dreams--maybe one of the first ones she has actually remembered upon waking?

On another front, we have been busy decorating our home for the upcoming National Day (the UAE is celebrating 40 years on Dec 2).  Little A really likes to have decorations up around the house, and so we have to always be looking towards the next big holiday for inspiration.  Thanks to Lulu Hypermarkets, we have some great decorations, and little A and I are working together to make a rag wreath for our door.    

Little A rejoined her Dance Club group for one 'test' session (purely out of necessity on my part as I was late getting her to the jazz class).  She was upset to find that she would be with the group once more, but could not clearly explain to me what bothered her.  She came out of the class happy, and had been paired up with one of the other little girls (Alicia).  She had stories to tell, and seemed to enjoy herself.  However, she did clarify that she prefers to go to the jazz class alone next week.

Our friend "Uncle Ajay" is staying with us this week, while he is in between apartments.  We are enjoying his company, though Little A is having a hard time with his 'Movember' look.  Funny how a mustache can completely change the look of a person.

Personally, I have had a 'breakthrough' in my hip injury.  Thanks to the amazing help/treatment I am getting from Yang, I actually was able to stretch 'the spot' in my hip that has been giving me trouble since my first pregnancy.  It felt great.  Though the pain has not completely disappeared, it is not something that I experience with every breath.  Sometimes, I am even able to forget about it altogether!!  I am hopeful (and feeling VERY lucky to have a friend who is not ONLY a doctor of sports medicine, but who is also willing to treat me in my home, around my schedule).  She is a dear lady!  Once again, I feel so very LUCKY!! 

No comments: