Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Monday, September 17, 2012

Bruised and Battered

It speaks to the way my heart is feeling right now.  Cancer, cancer and more cancer.  It seems cancer has infected three friends who are dear to me.  One of them is fighting with radiation in China, the other, chemo in Canada, and the third, sadly, seems to be coming to the end of his battle.  It breaks my heart, and the only way I can deal, is to only think of it for minutes at a time.  

Fortunately, I have  three children, so minutes is generally all I have to focus on one thought anyways (if I am lucky).  But, bedtimes, when my loves are all sleeping...that is when my thoughts fly, my heart fills and the tears overflow. 

Today, at school, little A had her first 'incident'.  As one of her classmates (a charming young man by the name of Sami B yelled to me across the hall, little A "smashed her face in").  Thankfully, the charmer has a way with hyperbole, and the damage was minimal--isolated to her upper lip.  Mercifully, the little girl (who wasn't looking and ran straight into A) only gave her a blossoming purple bruise, and the skin did not break.  



mug shots 

It does bother me a bit that the only details I have on this 'incident' come from my five year old daughter.  I was expecting that their would likely be a little note in the 'passport' (the daily communication tool), but there was nothing.  Thinking back to my own teaching days, I am positive I would have mentioned the injury to the parents via the agenda.  Something like "A received a little bump in PE class, but is okay".  Am I wrong?

I am filing my WCB claim as soon as we get back home ;-)

Had the pleasure of correctly identifying one of the four KG2-5 teachers as "Canadian".  Her name is "Inge" (pronounced 'Inga') and the clues I used were:
1.  She said "take a 'boo' around"
2.  She wears Birkenstocks
3.  She is really nice

Glad to know my Can-aydar works!

No comments: