Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pickle's New Glasses


Baby One, 37/14, dark blue.  That is the 411 on the new specs Pickle is sporting (as of this morning).  Mercifully, we have anti-glare/anti-reflective coating this time around (which I was testing out, thus the unflattering picture above).  This will be a whole new year in pictures for him, as we will actually be able to see his eyes in most of the photos.

Gumby
The bruise continues to darken.  Will have a word with Kathryn about it at tomorrow's Hopes and Dreams meeting (which is a goal-setting conference, giving little A a day off of school).  Today A attended her first ballet class with Turning Pointe.  I was happy to see my new friend Samar's daughter, Sarah, is also in this class.

Just a magoo
Magoo was not at her 'personal best' today.  She balked at every nap opp and then fell asleep in the car (once on the way to pick up Pickle's glasses, and later on the way to get little A from school).  She did, however, fall asleep very quickly at the end of the day.

Spent some time with my friend Hanim (and her MIL Raja) today--she is off to the Seychelle's and then New York in the next few weeks.  Her husband works with Etihad, and they get to do a great amount of travel.  It was nice to catch up with her, though little A's school schedule makes afternoon play dates really challenging.  Hanim was great about packing it in at 5 (though Omar wasn't very impressed).

Today, at lunch, I made a very yummy sandwich with eggplant, sundried tomatoe and feta cheese, that my friend Eric Kayser taught me how to make when I was in Paris.  I had a little inward sigh (ahhh...Paris), and I remembered the day when Peter's tablet slipped and the screen smashed at the Menagerie, and Jasmine (jah-jah) and I tried these flavourful sandwiches from EK on the way home.  Who knew eggplant could be so delish??

No comments: