Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Friday, September 21, 2012

Drainage

We have hit a bit of a 'bump in the road' so to speak here, in our enchanted life.

The last two days have been emotionally taxing for me.  My last 'good' sleep was on Tuesday night.  Since Wednesday morning, I have slept two hours (and I think that number is generous).

I am not quite sure how I am awake, and functioning, but I am.

I have been unable to breathe properly, and can't seem to redirect my mind anywhere else.  When I try to meditate, my thoughts just wander back.  The word "Om" which is meant to bring peace to a frantic mind, only brings me thoughts of my friend Aum, who is experiencing neutropenia as a result of her chemo treatments.

Tonight, I just received a message telling me that my friend Kim's cancer has spread to his brain.

I have only numbness.

I am hopeful that Kim will be able to hold on until Peter gets to Edmonton next week.  

This is a very strange time in my life.  I cannot think of another time that I have experienced emotions (or lack thereof) like this before.

Today we visited with friends Rajeev and Mira, who are expecting a baby girl next week (Sept 27).  I was able to put aside my 'fog' and be there with them today.  I started to feel a little normal again, and then got home, checked email, and got the news about Kim.



No comments: