Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Sunday, October 19, 2008

City Times

In our newspaper here (The Khaleej Times) we get an insert called "City Times" which is an entertainment section. Usually there are updates about all the big celebrities (East and West). I know more now than I EVER wanted to know about Bollywood. Amitabh and Aishwarya are my new best friends (yes...we are on a first name basis).

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I opened the City Times and found a picture from EDMONTON, AB, CANADA!! There were these two men, without shirts, with pumpkins on their heads. There is no Halloween celebration over here, and so I perked up, because this was the first time I had seen anything Halloween-related. Apparently they were Edmonton Eskimo fans, and they were dressed up for a game against some other football team (was it BC??) that must've taken place there on Saturday. Perhaps they were the guys who live in that Eskimo's fan house around the corner from our old house??

Seriously though, how crazy is it that photo made it into the City Times in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and ended up on my coffee table here? I wish I had a scanner, so that I could post the picture here for you.

No comments: