Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Family Reunion

Today was probably my favourite day so far in Abu Dhabi. I had the pleasure of reuniting with my first-cousin-once-removed (please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin) Caroline, and meeting her delightful friend Louise (my new Dubai connection). When last Caroline and I met, it was London, 1983, and I was 8 years old. Suffice it to say, we've both grown quite a bit.
It was very easy to feel connected to Caroline. In addition to sharing the Sharma-genes, we are both teachers (although I am semi-retired at present), brunettes, and shorties. I found it so easy spending the afternoon with both Caroline and Louise-it was like we had known each other for ages. It also helped that A was very co-operative, and gave us plenty of time to visit.
After lunch (we went to this place next to the post-office...where there were very big portions of everything...I am SO glad that I locked both of these ladies into a pre-arranged dessert sharing contract) we spent some more time hanging out and catching up back in our room. Time flew by, and before I knew it, I was seeing off two people that I hope to catch up with again very soon.
P and I had plans to go and check out some furniture at Marina Mall (is it possible we are moving on Monday??? I'll believe it when we actually move on Monday), but we had to kibosh these plans when little A started to show signs of sleepiness. We can always go to the mall tomorrow.
Looks like things are getting rosier in my life in AD. Just the other day, as we were celebrating Diwali with a McDonald's meal (ahhh...the golden arches are the diwa of the west...always sharing their light with the masses...24 hours a day...7 days a week...perfect for a diwali celebration really), I discovered something WONDERFUL about the AD McDonald's. Wait for it...the apple pies are STILL deep-fried...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

No comments: