Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hiccups

Well...it's been a few days since I last wrote. I've been avoiding it for two reasons:
1. There hasn't been anything great happening in my life here.
2. There has been a bit of a...what did P call it...'hiccup' in our best laid plans.

The good news (if you look hard enough, there is always something good): we went to the bank and now have more dirhams. We went shopping to Spinney's yesterday, got some more baby food for A, and I discovered organic products which are paraben, sulfate and perfume-free. Additionally, our shipping container has arrived. We have no access to it, or its contents (our stuff!!! woo-hoo!) but the fact that it is now here with us, is very comforting.

The not-so-good news: A and I have been here for almost a month now, and I don't think we are anywhere closer to moving out of the hotel. I keep hearing P say in my head that it should only take a 'couple of weeks' more. Apparently, the villa that we were APPROVED for, is not the villa that P was contracted to receive (according to the HR person...and now I'm starting to understand Michael Scott's attitude towards Toby on The Office). I guess there is this OTHER villa (smaller, condo villa) that they have apparently been waiting to get re-released for us. I knew there was a possibility that we would be getting a condo-villa, but the one they are now showing P is nothing like the ones that I have looked at on-line. So, I guess I've been a wee bit bummed out over here. Especially as we have made what appears to be no progress on our housing in one month. I have heard this is quite common here in AD. I was just hoping those might have been mean rumors spread by the anti-AD coalition. I guess not.

So, that's the update from me. Until otherwise posted, consider me a long-time resident of the Millennium Hotel. A great place to visit...but you wouldn't want to live here (or any hotel for that matter).

No comments: