Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today's Treat: Internet from the Room!!


I have been out of commission for three days now. I caught P's cold (thank-you honey). Saturday (day 1) I was out flat on my back and I slept most of that day. P's job was to keep A occupied (and hopefully out of the room so I could sleep in peace). Sunday (day 2) P was at work and A is a great baby. We had a lovely nap from around 11 - 1 pm. I was still feeling fairly exhausted, but managed to check out the Abu Dhabi Mall in the evening (http://www.abudhabi-mall.com/), which is amazing!! This is only my second mall outing, the first being Marina Mall, where we visited IKEA (exactly the same, except here they actually set-up your furniture for you...part of the delivery fee) and a few other stores.

I have had a chance to walk around in a villa (the home of P's boss & family). Though it's not the exact same model that we will be getting, they are lovely and very modern. I am really looking forward to getting moved into our villa. I am getting really tired of hotel food! I believe ours is the 4 bedroom Type S model and you can check it out here (you may need to download Quicktime or something for the virtual tour): http://www.alrahagardens.com/aldar.htm.

This morning I am feeling so much better. A and I went for a walk along the Corniche at 7 a.m. It was deserted, and the weather was fabulous (not too hot at all, with a great breeze off the Gulf). I thought of my parents, and how much they would enjoy walking along the Corniche, with it's beautiful gardens, and the brick mosaic trails!

As soon as I can, I will add some of our photos, so you can see for yourself how beautiful it is!

It is a good thing that I am recovering. A seems to be either teething or catching our colds (we'll wait and see which it is). I've had to use the nasal bulb several times to help her clear out the runny mucous (TMI..maybe). Although she loves to blow her nose with Kleenex...er..make that QUEENEX (seriously...that's the brand over here), she is not very effective, as she just holds up the tissue to her nose, and then makes a noise with her mouth (awww!! she's soooo adorable!).

No comments: