Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas Fish goes to the little pet shop in Mazyad Mall


Here's some free advertising for Britax...


Slow news day...

1. The water was leaking again. Seems my confidence was misplaced. Maintenance showed up within minutes and claim (once again) that the problem is solved. We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

2. Got around to visiting my friend who had the miscarriage. I had to do an unannounced 'drop-in' as I found I did not have an up-to-date number for her. Decided to go with a potted plant with white flowers (which little A insisted on picking out--it was SO hard to deter her from the plants with PINK flowers). Then, I had to scrounge around for bits and bobs to wrap it up in--they don't have the flower/plant wrapping paper ready to go here (like you'll often find at most grocery stores back home). She seemed really touched, and I was very happy that her mom had decided to drop everything and come and stay with her. She was sad (the 'fourth time no big deal' comment was, as I suspected, a false show of bravado), and I felt tears pricking at my own eyes when I saw her.

3. Little A and I started her 'alphabet hunt book' today. We worked on finding the letter A (upper-case only). She seemed to enjoy the activity and we will work on the letter B tomorrow.

4. After putting A down for a nap, I took baby N with me to Mazyad Mall, as Christmas fish continues to look sickly. I was correct in assuming it was a fungus. The men at the pet-shop were very helpful (although I am skeptical of their knowledge base) and gave me a product designed to get rid of the fungus. I have had to dispose of one-too-many a dead fish around here, so I told them I would buy the product if THEY would treat the fish for me. They did me one better. They told me they would treat the fish for free (as they had plenty of product open behind the counter), that I could take home ANOTHER fish AND pick up this fish (which they claim will be alive and well) in a week. I declined the replacement fish, and emphasized how much we all love Christmas (and even with their limited English--I think my South-Indian brethren understood). As this is the little pet-shop down-stairs from Lulu, we will likely check back with them on Monday, when we make next week's grocery run. So...watch this space.

5. I am happy that Bruce Wayne has recruited Nightrunner (a French-Algerian Muslim) to join him in his crusade to keep the world safe. According to our paper (The National), this has stirred up the 'anti-Islam' sentiment in the U.S...doesn't seem to take much, does it?

6. I am sad for the loss of Zellers...apparently I was a big 'lellers' shopper when we first immigrated to Canada (go figure--Grande Prairie didn't have that many shopping options back in the late 70's). With Target moving into the Canadian shopping space--where will we all shop when we go south of the border with our Canadian dollars?? Plus--how will Target change the shopping experience at Bonnie Doon Mall? Where will all those seniors go for the 'Zeller's Special'? Obviously, Stephen Harper enjoys the Air Canada flying experience more than the Zellers shopping savings (never been to a midnight madness sale I bet)...


Keep on reaching sweetheart!

7. It is 10:25 pm--why am I not sleeping? We went out to celebrate a friend's birthday at the Yas Island Yacht Club. We had some good laughs, and now it's time for sleep! Thanks to my friend (Shariza--thanks!), I actually had a dress to wear that fits!! We will both likely be exhausted in the morning--but it was nice to do something different for a change.

No comments: