Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's raining! It's pouring...January 11

Well...okay...so it wasn't exactly POURING...but this morning we had a nice, light little sprinkle, and this little one had the opportunity (finally) to use the umbrella that her grandmother brought her during the downpour in Lugano. Up until now, she has been carrying it around and using it as a 'sun-brella'.

This was the first rainfall of the year in Abu Dhabi (well--the first that actually reached our villa). I have heard of storms happening here, but they have managed to avoid us so far. Luckily, we have not had a repeat of last year's mess, where we had flooding on our main floor. I remember sitting on the computer and wondering why my feet were getting wet...Our landlord sure got an earfull from Peter, and he called in all his neighbourhood labourers to help us clean up the water. He even owned a wet/dry vacuum (which makes me wonder if the flooding was a regular occurrence).

I love the rain. I think I could really enjoy living in a rainy city, like Vancouver or Seattle.

No comments: