Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Monday, January 31, 2011

Thank-you Emirates Post...


He (literally) loved the card to pieces!

... (and Nanaji and Naniji of course) for the surprise awaiting us in the mailbox last night.

Post-marked November 24, we finally received the birthday card that my parents sent for N's first birthday on December 17. We were wondering if it might trickle in (as we have belatedly received a few Christmas cards), or whether we should give up hope.



Little A was also thrilled to find that Nanaji and Naniji (a title she is working on learning--instead of just referring to my mom as 'Nanaji's wife') had also included some princess stickers for her. She had to change into her 'ball gown' just to enhance her enjoyment of this little gift.

I also have to give EP a pat on the back for the most efficient customer service I have received in my time here (and possibly in my time anywhere--from any government agency). I went in to renew my PO Box on Sunday afternoon. I took in all the paperwork and documents. They processed it in under two minutes, and about an hour later I received a confirmation text message, stating that my PO Box was renewed for another year. WOW!!

I know it seems out-dated: a PO Box, in today's age with all its technological communication tools. I must confess that I really enjoy receiving old-fashioned mail (the exception being anything from TD Waterhouse). It is always so nice to rip open an envelope and find a letter, a card, a picture--something that I can hold in my hand...it just brightens my day (maybe that is part of being so far away from 'home').


Today was a windy day (topped off with a sandstorm at the end). I managed to spend some time this morning visiting with my friend Deema, and her new daughter Priya (born 1 year and three days after N). It was my first time meeting Priya, and I was just shocked at how small she was. People always say you forget how tiny newborn babies are...but considering how I only had a newborn myself a year ago (and don't forget--he was especially tiny)...you would think I would be an exception to this memory loss...

She was very small and sweet, and mother and baby both seemed to be doing very well. We had a lovely visit, and I had the chance to just sit back and enjoy their company (as my little ones had to stay home--Peter took my truck and its car-seats in for servicing).


No comments: