Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Monday, January 10, 2011

Pyjama Day

We had a pyjama day at home today.

Overall, yesterday was pretty tiring, and my ankles were swollen up like watermelons, by the end of the night. This has not happened at all during my Abu Dhabi pregnancies (although it happened quite frequently when I was pregnant in Edmonton). That, combined with the physical and mental exhaustion I was feeling--I felt entirely justified in taking a 'pyjama day'.

Little A was more than happy to join me, and we just pitter-pattered around the villa today. We took down all our Christmas decorations. A was so very helpful, and of the two of us, I was the butter-fingers who broke an ornament (she was very sweet and chimed 'don't worry mommy, we can buy you a new one'). We put up our bird-feeder, filled it with sunflower seeds, and are now waiting for the exotic birds of AD to show up.

Baby N is showing no signs of soreness or pain from his shot yesterday. If anything, he is pulling himself up more and moving around all over the place. This is a great relief to me. His physiotherapist had indicated that these shots might slow down his developing movements--which does not seem to be the case (so far).

Peter bought us sushi for dinner, which we enjoyed when both our little ones were asleep. To accommodate both of their 'bed-times' (N at 6:30 and A between 7 & 7:30), we have had adjust our 'family dinner'. We used to have a long dinner, where we would all eat together (that was before N actually ate solids). Now, we focus on feeding the kids, putting them to sleep, and then we (Peter and I) eat together (usually in front of the tv). Then--around 9 o'clock (when we are both exhausted and ready for sleep), we have had some food, entertainment and some 'quality time'.

We are looking into booking a stay at Qasr Al Sarab, a beautiful desert resort. Ideally, I would like to have a little 'break' from our usual weekends. This is supposed to be a beautiful place, and I think they have some good deals on right now. We are in the 'early' planning stages right now.

I remember all too well how difficult it is to stay at a hotel with a tiny 'bottle-feeder' (from our trip to Bani Yas Island last year). I am aware, as I enter the third trimester, that we will be back in the 'new baby' boat soon enough, and staying at a nice resort with three little ones might prove to be a bit of a challenge (until I get a handle on being a 'mother of three').

No comments: