Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter--Part 1

Shocked that mom almost forgot it was Easter!

We have had a wonderful Easter day. For us, (non-Christian, parents of three, living in the Middle East) Easter is less about the crusifixion and resurrection of Jesus, and more about a little a bunny that hops around and leaves presents for little ones. We do not have any extra holidays, and truth be told, I only realized it was Easter THIS weekend because Malou mentioned that in the Philippines they shut down internet use in the entire country, so that people can focus on the religious nature of the holiday. I knew Easter was on its way, but I hadn't realized that it actually ARRIVED.

This morning Peter took little A to the Kids Park Zoo. This is her second visit there, and she has been asking to go again for almost a month now. Little A came back home very excited b/c she had fed the goat all by herself (something she was scared to do last time we went). I was a bit worried about them, as I sat outside doing phototherapy with NB S and noticed that it was scorching (over 30 degrees easily by 9:30 a.m.). Peter is not a big fan of the heat. However, I had sunscreened little A, sent along a hat, water and a snack--it was all in Peter's hands (and what very capable hands they are). They both came back sweaty and happy, so it was a great morning.
Don't worry--there's glass there.

While they were away, I prepped for the Easter egg hunt, with baby N playing around at my feet. Last year was little A's first, and I filled little plastic eggs with small, magnetic alphabet letters for her. This year, as I have not left the house to go shopping, I was unable to buy anything to put in the eggs. So, I decided to put little clues (paper pictures) in the eggs instead, with the last egg leading to the Little Tikes Turtle Sandbox, where there were Easter presents waiting for all three of them. The first was a Dinosaur puzzle which I purchased a while ago for little A (as she is keenly interested in these prehistoric animals). Then there were gift bags for both little A and baby N, which were sent last year by their Aunt Cindy (however they arrived too late for Easter and so I decided to save them).

Easter baby

It was very enjoyable to watch little A find the eggs and follow the clues. At first, it was clear she did not completely understand the concept (and I'll be honest, my artwork could have been better). However, once she clued in (pun intended), she was flying and really enjoyed it. It was a bit challenging, as baby N could not really participate and NB S was howling for more milk. Also, as I had the video camera and Peter had his paparazzi camera--there weren't too many extra hands around for the other two. Next year, when baby N can participate, it will be even better.


Got it!!

Then we had some (on & off) fun making the Dinosaur puzzle. I am proud to say that little A put it together all by herself, with some verbal direction and encouragement from me. Peter had gone out for groceries and I was glued to the sofa nursing NB S again. Baby N watched from the security of his exersaucer (for everyone's sake).



Looking forward:

Tomorrow, we are looking forward to sharing a meal with Ajay and his parents. We are looking forward to their company, as his parents will be leaving the UAE soon. We are also looking forward to seeing if Ajay can make it to our place without any detours--so far he's managed to get close to Al Ain and head towards Dubai--I guess he hasn't gone out to Mohammed Bin Zayed City or Al Bahia...yet ;-)

Easter gifts (thanks, in part, to Aunt Cindy)

Happy Easter everyone!!

No comments: